Partially why I dread blogging is that it takes forever for me to write something. I’m not much of a writer and definitely not a person who likes to read (proofread). I never realized how time consuming writing is until I started writing posts. I don’t know how many times I have already mentioned this but I am a HUGE procrastinator and when I need to write a paper or something for school or whatever else, I usually do it last minute so it’s super rushed. Procrastination is only part of it, the other thing is that I hate doing things in parts. For example, If I’m in “the zone” of writing, then I have to continue writing until I finish. I hate writing separately because I lose track of where I am and lose a lot of ideas. This doesn’t only apply to writing; it applies to a lot of things such as reading or watching a movie. I pet peeve I guess? It’s partially why I don’t really like reading because I can’t stand to put down the book if I’m into it. And it takes me a while to get back “into” it when I pick it up next time because I probably forgot some details.
Another reason I don’t like blogging is because my mind is a whirlpool of a mess and I can’t get my ideas and thoughts straight. I tend to get sidetracked a lot which makes the post even longer then it should have been. A prime example of what I mean by I get sidetracked a lot is this post itself. I decided to write this little post in the middle of typing the post below this. You can tell I get sidetracked a lot by counting the number of times I’ve used the word anyway!
It’s kind of ironic how I’m blogging about why I hate blogging so much. Oh well. I guess it’s better than writing this all out on paper.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahha.. i blog like that too.. and sometimes, i just tell myself to shut up!
ReplyDeletebut re: writing papers.. sometimes, i lose track of what i want to say.. and i just end up reading what i've written over and over again... and somehow, it becomes really good because of the numerous times i've read it.. but it may or may not be.. and i may or may not be actually saying anything.. haha..