When i was driving home from dinner today, I realized that driving by myself at night is actually a really relaxing activity. Relaxing and scary. It never occurred to me, i guess, its because I hardly drive. Even when i do get a chance to drive, most of the time, I have someone beside me or it's a really short distance. The silence and the gentle breeze blowing into your face gives a really peaceful and relaxing feel. This silence isn't a "I'm so bored" kind of silence, it's more like a tranquil kind of silence. It's a silence that just gives me a sense of content and peace. Its the kind of silence that gives me a chance to think and reflect. Maybe i should do it more often even though it may be an expensive thing to do.
I mentioned earlier that driving is relaxing and scary. When i say scary, i don't mean I'm afraid of the silence or anything. I mean I'm scared for my life and for others who are on the road because sometimes i am so deep in thought that i zone out and don't pay attention to the road. It isn't as bad as I make it sound, I don't completely disappear into sunny's magical land, it's not like autistic or anything. (Plus, I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone who drives.) Its just that its sort of a distraction to my driving. I'm not very good at multitasking and thinking too much about other things and driving at the same time isn't exactly the best combo unless you're looking for injury/death. I never really understood how people can drive and eat at the same time, especially if it's not finger food. If it's a cookie or something small, then, sure, i understand, i can do it too. But I've seen people eating Mcflurries, sushi and even noodles! Noodles in soup! WITH chopsticks?! What the heck, it's like a accident pending to happen!
On a completely different note, it's really weird how i just posted about posting and here i am posting again, for the fourth time today.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
driving while texting.... i have mastered that!
ReplyDeletebut i can't eat while i drive...ill agree and say its too dangerdanger..=p
do you like driving in the rain? at night?