Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer senses

Summer never was my "favourite" season. Whenever asked what my favourite season was, I would immediately blurt out spring. Why? I'm not quite sure myself. I think it has something to do with the weather and it warming up, not to mention it's the season where everything starts growing and blooming.

I was really bored at home, channel surfing right after dinner, the usual. Couldn't really find anything that would satisy my overbearing boredom even after trying for probably a good half an hour. I'm actually starting to get sick of the tv. Shocking, I know, I suprise myself too sometimes. TV used to consume my life. I am THE epitome of a potatoe couch, I used to think that I could actually sit/lay/sleep on my couch for a whole day just watching tv. Sad now I come to think of it haha.

Anyway, so after the much wasted time of doing essentially nothing (staring (not engaged) at a tv screen) I decdied to go to my room and try and find something to occupy myself. I opened the window and found myself zoning out, staring at the beautiful pastel, yet glowing red, slowly fading and mixing with the gentle baby blue creating a soft velvety lining of purple right in the middle. All the while enjoying the gentle night breeze hitting the leaves on a tree, brushing them together creating a calm and serene sound. Feeling the sensation of what's left of the sun's rays warming up my arms and smelling the sweet sent of the pine even though i'm allergic. (and the disgusting smell of asphalt! yea, we're fixing our roof aka, the root of my insanity for the past few days! Non-stop banging and bashing from 8am-5pm. PLUS the dude's random and loud bursts of song in some Indie language) It never occured to me that Summer was the only season where I watch the sunset/sunrise, soak up lots of sun, stay out all day and not get cold. The stuff that i really love doing! I guess I never really realized and understood the beauties of this season and the wonderers that God has made it. Truly, He is a God of wonders.


I don't have much of a view from my room because of that pine on the left. However, I actually really like that tree because I've seen it grow and it makes a really nice rustling sound in the wind.



I was going to do a progress check kind of photo gallery haha but they basically finished everything in 2 days. But there's still hammering!!!! DIMM GUYYYYYYY :)

Edit: I was listening to Miles Davis throughout this whole process. I don't know what it is about jazz music but it gets to me and calms me down.

2 comments:

  1. okay now im satisfied lol.
    no crackle??
    ohmygoodness i do that sometimes too! expect i have no view from my window so i stand in the middle of my backyard and look like a fool staring up at the sky.........

    ReplyDelete