Sunday, September 20, 2009

The past month

I can`t believe it`s been more than a month since i last posted. I created this blog to force myself to reflect, and think out loud about daily happenings and such, but, obviously it has slipped out of my mind. On occasions, I would think about posting, but then the thought of sitting there and typing away for hours and hours rambling on and on just wasn't so appealing. (Hopefully this won't be too long and boring)

Anyway, just a summary of significant events that happened within the past month or so. I found a job AND successfully quit in a bit less than 2 weeks at a Fisher's blueberry farm which I didn't really like. What kept me going was my goal of not being yelled at. If you know Bob, the boss (that's his real name), you would understand what I'm talking about. This late 50's? old man that smokes like a crazy person (a pack a day i swear!) has a habit of swearing and yelling at his employees(personal testimonies provided by several ex-co-workers). He did end up swearing at me once, in a joking/teasing manner, which by the way wasn't as funny as he thought, but, I never got yelled at. Not even once! BOOOYEAH! I won't explain the other things in detail, but here are the rest of the "significant events" that happened (at least the ones that I can remember on top of my head). Camping at Manning park with friends, hung out with friends, became a sponsor for Jr. high fellowship, starting of school, and I think that's about it.

Here's a recap of my goals for the summer, which i pretty much failed.
- finish dancing with a ghost
I definitely made progress, but I doubt I'll be finishing this book in the near future

- hopefully find and read at least 5 more books
Definitely not something that I did. I did however decided on a book and borrorwed it. I'm hoping that I can actually read that throughout the year.

- not lose contact with some of the people i haven't seen in a long time
This goal wasn't the most specific goal ever, but I'd say I did, in most part, keep in touch with people I haven't seen in a while. However, it doesn't seem realistically possible to actually see every single person that I haven't seen a a while.

- pass my summer school course with at least a "B" (my inner asian is telling me to go for the "A" though)
I passed, but not with the desired grade. I gave up on the second midterm which cost me quite a bit. I think I ended up with a B- though, so i was close.

- stay in tune with the news and not tune out the world
This goal wasn't only for the summer. It was a long term goal which I am slowly inching towards. Just because of this goal, I started subscribing to the Vancouver sun. The things is, i haven't even touched it yet lol. Plus, I don't think it's that good of a paper anyway.

- and find a freaking job!
As stated earlier, I did find a job. A "freaking job" might not be the best description of it, but I'd say it's not bad.

3 comments:

  1. You could try setting your internet homepage to a newspaper website. i would recommend newyorktimes...great paper =) but just don't set it to the US section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to NYtimes too. I like A.O. Scott's movie reviews.
    Which book have you determined to conquer? I'm interested.
    Came across this site/resource today (you may find it interesting): http://www.qideas.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antonia:that's a pretty good idea. Maybe i'll try that rather than having my email as the homepage especially if i already have live mail.

    Jason:The book i borrowed from you haha. Even though it may seem very convictional (is that a word?), it's more of an ideal rather than a goal as of right now. I haven't started it yet....i read the first little bit before school started and now I don't even remember what it's about. Should've continued since it seems like i don't even have enough time to do all the readings for school! Maybe if i get my sleeping pattern straightened out, I'll read during the bus ride to school.

    ReplyDelete