Saturday, June 20, 2009

I've been meaning to blog for the past couple of days but never really got the chance to. It's kind of late right now so I will keep it short. I just downloaded the first 2 Narnia movies because i was listening to the cd for the first movie, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and I just couldn't stop because it was just soooooo good. Musically, some of the songs are quite catchy (not to mention the CD was put together by some kickass Christian bands/singers) and lyrically, it just blows you away. Usually, when i listen to music, lyrics aren't the first thing that I notice, it's usually the general melody or the arrangment of the song. So when I listened to the CD for the 2nd, 3rd, 4rth time, I got more and more of it and WOW. As you can probably tell, I'm not very good with words cause i probably used/will use the word "wow" a million times throughout but oh well. I just think that it was ingenious of C.S. Lewis to write fantasy books that have biblical teaching embedded in them. It's kind of werid but cool at the same time how he portrayed the gospel in a fantasy kind of way, making it in a sense more believable for your average non-christian. The movies simply just blew my mind! While I was watching them I was just thinking wow, C.S. Lewis is a freaking genius. I have never actually read any of the books except The Silver Chair which is the 4rth one out of the 6 chronologically. I remember I read it in Gr. 5 which seems like a million years ago. At that time, I didn't even know that C.S. Lewis was a Christian. In fact, I had no idea that he was a famous author. I thought he was just some guy who wrote a few books. When i read The Silver Chair, I read it as just some story book becauase obvsiuoly you don't really analyze a book when your doing a book report for a grade 5 class. Not to mention I was still in ESL back then. But after watching the movie, I have this weird urge to read the the entire series haha. I actually really like fantasy books/movies or whatever so I know I will enjoy it. If you look at one of the older posts, you'll see that one of my goals for this summer is to get into the habbit of reading and read at least 5 books. I guess this will help me more than fulfill that goal. But I still have to finish Dancing with a Ghost. By the way, the Narnia movies are now officially one of my favourite movies. Probably until i read the book and see how much of it is missed out/changed and what not. haha

3 comments:

  1. the second narnia movie is quite disappointing. too much focus on the stupid prince, i think. but anyway let's watch the first one at my house! MOVIE NIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but the guy was pretty good looking.....you know there's gonna be a movie for "the picture of dorian grey" and the narnia guy is gonna be Dorian. random fact lol.

    ReplyDelete